Accessibility Standards Policy
This policy applies to all employees, volunteers, contractors, or other third parties who deals with members, guests, or the general public.
This policy is intended to be read in conjunction with “Accessibility Standards for Customer Service at Golf Courses.”
Accessible Customer Service Commitment:
This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 under the AODA, 2005, and the IASR, Ontario Regulation 191/11.
Galt Country Club shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, procedures and practices as amended from time to time are consistent with the following principles:
a) Galt Country Club welcomes individuals with disabilities. Goods or services must be provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
b) The provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities and others must be integrated unless an alternate measure is necessary, whether temporarily or on a permanent basis, to enable a person with a disability to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services.
c) Persons with a disability must be given an opportunity equal to that given to others to obtain, use and benefit from the goods or services.
d) We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with all aspects of this policy and that training will incorporate IASR standards and the Human Rights Code.
Galt Country Club permits a person with a disability to use and keep with them their own personal assistive devices to obtain, use or benefit from the goods or services offered by Galt Country Club.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used.
Galt Country Club’s employees, when communicating with a person with a disability, shall do so in a manner that takes into account the person’s disability.
Service Animals and Support Persons:
Galt Country Club shall allow a person with a disability, who requires to be accompanied by a support person or service animal onto all Galt Country Club premises or facilities. The person is permitted to keep the guide dog them unless the animal is otherwise excluded by law.
Fees will not be charged for support persons to accompany the individual with the disability.
Training for Staff:
Galt Country Club will provide training to employees, volunteers, contractors, and others who deal with the public on their behalf.
Training will be provided at time of hiring in orientation, staff training sessions, and Supervisor/Manager one-on-one staff training. Annual refresher training is provided to all staff.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the policies, procedures, and training materials.
Training requirements will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard/lASR
• Specific training related to the specific duties of the employee, volunteer, other
• GCC’s plan related to the customer service standard
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
• How to use the assistive devices available on-site or otherwise that my help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
• What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing in assessing Galt Country Club’s goods and services
• Training on the Ontario Human Rights Code
Training record will be kept indicating the number of employees trained and the date training provided. Employee sign-offs on the training will be obtained.
We encourage our customers who wish to provide any feedback to GCC on this policy email or phone the contact person as indicated below.
All feedback will be directed to the General Manager at email@example.com or by phone at: 519 621-7020 x101.
Any feedback provided will be kept on file.
GCC will ensure that all feedback processes are accessible by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats. Communication supports are available upon request.
Notice of Availability of Various Document Formats:
GCC will advise members and guests that the documents related to this policy and the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the individual’s disability. Notification will be given by posting this and other relates policies and posting on the organization’s website.
Posted notices will specify that all or parts of this policy and the Accessibility Customer Service Standard are available upon request.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of Management:
• Educate and train employees (and others within above scope) and ensure compliance with all aspects of the policy.
• Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with the policy.
• Provide support and guidance to staff members in fulfilling the policy.
• Ensure all staff members are trained according to the requirements of the legislation as required by the above commitment.
• When aware of areas of non-compliance ensure appropriate action is taken.
• Periodically review and update policies, training, and procedures as required.
Responsibilities of Employees:
• Comply with all aspects of this policy.
• Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with this policy.
• Participate fully in training as it relates to this policy.
• When aware of areas of non-compliance, the employee is required to bring to the attention of his or her immediate Supervisor or Manager or where unavailable either the General Manager or Controller.
AODA – Updated Hiring Standards:
Galt Country Club commits to notifying employees, potential employees, and the public that it will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities in any hiring process. Notification of such will be provided through the following means:
1) on GCC website
2) include it in all job postings-whether online or print or other means
Wording to be used is as follows:
“Galt Country Club welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For such requests, please contact the referenced hiring manager or supervisor.”
During the hiring process, GCC commits to telling job applicants when they are selected for an interview that accommodation will be provided (where they have not previously requested).
If an applicant or successful candidate requests an accommodation, the hiring manager or supervisor is expected to discuss their needs with them and make appropriate adjustments to support them.
GCC commits to training hiring managers and supervisors on appropriate accommodations as part of its mandatory AODA training.